1. Boston Bombing Victim Engaged and Expecting - Jeff Bauman, who quickly became one of the faces of the terrorizing incident that happened last year, is now engaged and expecting a child as well. Couldn't be happier for a person who continues to persevere after a life-altering incident.
2. NCAA Tournament - I've been absolutely engaged in this year's tournament. More so than years past. There has been some spotty play, but overall, the drama has been high. Not to mention, I just love the fact programs who rarely get their due because of the "name brand" schools out there, are making some noise. Really loud noise.
3. Married Couple of 70 Years - When the world tries to devalue marriage with crazy (and mostly false) statistics that 50% of marriages don't work or that marriage is an outdated concept, it's stories like this that balance out the negativity.
1. Flight MH307 - This continues to get the nod as the mystery surrounding this flight gets deeper and deeper. The latest? Now the images of those who had stolen passports on the aircraft have been said to have been Photoshopped by someone on the inside. Unbelievable.
2. Opening Series - I woke up at 4am on Saturday to watch the first official game of the Major League Baseball season in Australia. I know, I'm baseball crazy. However, casual fans aren't. And to be honest, there are some who had no idea of the two-game set of real games.
The idea and allure of the games being in Australia really added a cool dynamic. Unfortunately, MLB continues to not understand the concept of "hype" and most importantly, the allure that drives this current generation.
3. Westboro Baptsit Church - It's annoying that these clowns are claiming to represent Jesus Christ. More annoying is how they ruin the secular image of Christians everywhere. So after their leader passes away and the world gives them a break and shows them kindness, what do they do? They protest a Lorde concert with more hate signs. Ridiculous.